This class is limited to 9 participants, so sign up early and please do not attend without a registration.
Jim Moniz teaches a hands-on pruning workshop. Classroom instruction is combined with work in the orchard to give examples of different pruning techniques.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Principals of Training Young Trees
- Responses to Various Cuts and Manipulations
- Pruning Throughout the Life of the Tree
(Strongly) Suggested background for participants:
- Have trees that have been planted for at least one year
- Have some basic knowledge of pruning (either through our Pruning Workshop or through their own study)
Please dress for the weather, including warm boots! Bring sharp and clean pruners, loppers, or small hand saws if you have them, VVA will have some loaners for the class as well, or you may wish to purchase tools in our tasting room. Participants are welcome to bring a bag lunch, or you may order one through VVA for an extra $10. To sign up, and to place your lunch order if needed, please call us at 434 297 2326, or e-mail email@example.com. Space in this workshop will be limited to 9 people.
Click here to sign up.Cancellation Policy: For refund, cancellations must be received 10 days prior to event.