Vintage Virginia Apples
and the CoveGarden Ruritan Club
invite you to our 22nd annual
Apple Harvest Festival!
November 5, 2022 - 10am to 5pm
We are excited to invite you to join us on November 5th for our 22nd Annual Apple Harvest Festival!
Rain or Shine: Join us for one of the most anticipated festivals of autumn, the Apple Harvest Festival hosted by the CoveGarden Ruritans and Albemarle CiderWorks!
Find many of your favorite farmers' market vendors, local artisans, and craftsmen demonstrating their skills. Enjoy Brunswick stew and apple butter or grab some to go.* Dig your teeth into a variety of apples and taste an array of CiderWorks' fine sparkling ciders. Dance the afternoon away with live music from local bands, and take a hayride around the mountain.
Hayrides over the mountainside, all day
Live Music Schedule:
- Jelly St. Jazz | 10-12pm
- Small Town Rodeo | 12:30-2:30pm
- Spencer Hatcher | 3-5pm
Apple Pie Contest
Enter a pie into the Apple Pie Contest. Entries must be made by 11:30am the day of the festival. The first place winner receives a $100 gift certificate from Vintage Virginia Apples and Albemarle CiderWorks. You will have to put your best foot forward to impress our judges: Leni Sorensen, Bridget Meagher, Rachel Willis, and Gail Hobbs-Page. Bring your A game!
Details for the Apple Pie Contest:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to preregister. Put "Pie Contest" in the subject line, give your name, phone number and why you want to enter or a little background about your recipe/method.
- All entries should be turned in to the events tent by 11:30 on the day of the festival.
- Once entered into the contest, the pie will become property of the CoveGarden Ruritan club to be sold by the piece after the contest. Proceeds will go to their charitable efforts.
- Each entry should be accompanied by a card with name, phone number and recipe (including crust ingredients and what varieties of apples were used).
- All pies should be in a disposable pie tin.
- Winners will be announced at 12:30, prizes will be awarded in person or via email.
Drive-Thru Brunswick Stew
Not comfortable in a crowd, but still need your fall fix of Brunswick stew, apple butter, and fresh-pressed cider?
CiderWorks Harvest Festival presents: Drive-Thru Brunswick Stew. Apple butter, stew, and fresh cider will be available for drive-thru pick up on Saturday, November 6th during our Apple Harvest Festival. Proceeds will benefit the CoveGarden Ruritans Club.
Visit to Pre-orders will be accepted through October 28, 2021 and can be placed on our website.
Pick-up Time: Saturday, November 5th, 3:00-4:00
How to pre-order for the drive-thru portion of the Apple Harvest Festival:
- Choose which products from the CoveGarden Ruritan Club and Vintage Virginia Apples you would like to purchase.
- Choose “Pick Up” at checkout. Select “Apple Harvest Festival - NOV 5” from the drop down menu of pick up locations.
- On November 5, come by the farm and pick up your selections! There will be people to direct traffic once you get to the farm.
The last day to place preorders will be October 28, 2022.
More information can be found here or in the FAQs at the bottom of this page.
These items are only available for pick up at our the Apple Harvest Festival Drive-Thru on November 5th.
Any orders placed for shipping with be canceled and refunded.
- Do I need to place a preorder? Preorders are required for the Drive-Thru at the Festival. Preorders are not required if you are attending the Festival in person.
- When is the last day to place a preorder? Friday, October 28th is the last day to place a preorder.
- Can I add other items to my order? Brunswick Stew, Apple Butter and Fresh Juice are the only items available through the Drive-Thru.
- Can I pick up my order outside of the festival pickup times? No. Orders will not be ready before the day of the festival and are not available for pickup outside of the festival pickup times.
- Do you sell apples on days other than the festival? Apples are available throughout the fall in our tasting room, no pre-ordering required. Fresh juice will be pressed the first week of November and will be available in our tasting room after the festival weekend.
- Can I have my order shipped? No. We do not have the materials needed to ship refrigerated products such as the Brunswick stew and fresh juice.
- Should I bring a cooler to hold my items? You are welcome to bring a cooler to transport items that need refrigeration.
- Can I pick up trees? Our tree season runs from the beginning of December through the end of March. The festival occurs a little outside this season. Feel free to call us at 434-297-2326 with tree inquiries.
Get to Know Our Vendors
- Crustworthy Pizza
- FARMacy Café
- Raclette on the Run
- Shawn Thacker BBQ
Full Vendor List