Vintage Virginia Apples
and the CoveGarden Ruritan Club
invite you to our 23rd annual
Apple Harvest Festival!
November 4, 2023 - 10am to 5pm
We are excited to invite you to join us on November 4th for our 23rd Annual Apple Harvest Festival!
Rain or Shine: Join us for one of the most anticipated festivals of autumn, the Apple Harvest Festival hosted by the CoveGarden Ruritans and Albemarle CiderWorks!
Find many of your favorite farmers' market vendors, local artisans, and craftsmen demonstrating their skills. Enjoy Brunswick stew and apple butter or grab some to go.* Dig your teeth into a variety of apples and taste an array of CiderWorks' fine sparkling ciders. Dance the afternoon away with live music from local bands, and take a hayride around the mountain.
Hayrides over the mountainside, all day
Live Music Schedule:
Apple Pie Contest
Enter a pie into the Apple Pie Contest. Entries must be made by 11:00am the day of the festival. The first place winner receives a $100 gift certificate from Vintage Virginia Apples and Albemarle CiderWorks. You will have to put your best foot forward to impress our judges. Bring your A game!
Details for the Apple Pie Contest:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to preregister. Put "Pie Contest" in the subject line, give your name, phone number and why you want to enter or a little background about your recipe/method.
- All entries should be turned in to the events tent by 11:00 on the day of the festival.
- Once entered into the contest, the pie will become property of the CoveGarden Ruritan club to be sold by the piece after the contest. Proceeds will go to their charitable efforts.
- Each entry should be accompanied by a card with name, phone number and recipe (including crust ingredients and what varieties of apples were used).
- All pies should be in a disposable pie tin.
- Winners will be announced at 12:30, prizes will be awarded in person or via email.
Get to Know Our Vendors
Full Vendor List