Vintage Virginia Apples
and the CoveGarden Ruritan Club
invite you to our 18th annual
Apple Harvest Festival!
November 3, 2018 - 10am to 5pm
Apples..................Apples..................and more Apples! Fresh pressed cider, mulled cider, hard cider
Apple Butter and Brunswick Stew simmering over open fires, made on site by the CoveGarden Ruritans
Old fashioned Fried Apple Pies, Rachel Willis' Caramel Apples, and more.
Local Food Vendors and Artisan Craft Vendors
Hayrides over the mountainside, all day
Music throughout the day
Apple Pie Contest
Enter a pie into the Apple Pie Contest. Entries must be made by 11:30am the day of the festival. The first place winner recieves a $100 gift certificate from Vintage Virginia Apples and Albemarle CiderWorks. The judging panel will be comprised of local food luminaries, so bring your A game!
Details for the Apple Pie Contest:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to preregister. Put "Pie Contest" in the subject line, give your name, phone number and why you want to enter or a little background about your recipe/method.
- All entries should be turned in to the events tent by 11:30 on the day of the festival.
- Once entered into the contest, the pie will become property of the CoveGarden Ruritan club to be sold by the piece after the contest. Proceeds will go to their charitable efforts.
- Each entry should be accompanied by a card with name, phone number and recipe (including crust ingredients and what varieties of apples were used).
- All pies should be in a disposable pie tin.
- Winners will be announced at 12:30, prizes will be awarded in person or via email.