Thinking about starting your own home orchard? Or even just thought about planting a tree or two? If so, our Planning and Planting Workshop is a great way to begin. Learn about site selection, soil preparation and get the tools you need to start the planning process successfully. Rich Marini, Professor of Horticulture at Penn State, and the Vintage Virginia Apples staff will present a comprehensive digital workshop on planning, managing and cultivating the home orchard.
- 8:45 – 9:00: Webinar open for sign-on
- 9:00 – 9:15: Introduction
- 9:15 – 10:30: Topics - Site Selection, Soil, Planting
- 10:30 – 10:45: Break
- 10:45 – 12:00: Topics - Tree Nutrition, Rootstocks
- 12:00 – 12:30: Lunch/Open Q&A with Rich Marini
- 12:30 – 2:00: Topics - Pruning, Pest Control
- 2:00 – 3:00: Open Q&A with Vintage Virginia Apples Staff
This workshop will be broadcast online through Zoom. Attendees will be shipped a home orchard manual to accompany the workshop (shipping is included in workshop price).
Click through the link below to sign up, or call us at 434-297-2326 with any questions.Cancellation Policy: For refund, cancellations must be received 10 days prior to event.
To register, click here.