Vintage Virginia Apples
and the CoveGarden Ruritan Club
invite you to our 19th annual
Apple Harvest Festival!
November 2, 2019 - 10am to 5pm
Apples..................Apples..................and more Apples! Fresh pressed cider, mulled cider, hard cider
Apple Butter and Brunswick Stew simmering over open fires, made on site by the CoveGarden Ruritans
Old fashioned Fried Apple Pies, Caramel Apples, and more.
Local Food Vendors and Artisan Craft VendorsEntertainment
Hayrides over the mountainside, all day
Live Music Schedule:
- 10:15 - Heirloom Apple Tasting with Charlotte Shelton from Vintage Virginia Apples
- 11:00 - Cheese to Pair with Apples and Cider with Gail Hobbes-Page from Caromont Farm
- 12:00 - Apple Pie Contest Judging (Pies must be submitted by 11:30)
- 12:00 - Cider Pressing Demo with Thomas Unsworth from Albemarle CiderWorks
- 12:45 - Announcement of the Apple Pie Contest Winner & Sale of Slices from the Apple Pie Contest Entries (All proceeds benefit the CoveGarden Ruritan Club)
- 1:00 - Cold Season Gardening: Fall into Spring with Margaret Shelton from Shelton Herb Farm
- 2:00 - Making the Perfect Jam with Daniel Perry from Jam According to Daniel
- 3:00 - Cider Pressing Demo with Thomas Unsworth from Albemarle CiderWorks
Apple Pie Contest
Enter a pie into the Apple Pie Contest. Entries must be made by 11:30am the day of the festival. The first place winner receives a $100 gift certificate from Vintage Virginia Apples and Albemarle CiderWorks. The judging panel will be comprised of local food luminaries, so bring your A game!
Details for the Apple Pie Contest:
- Please email email@example.com to preregister. Put "Pie Contest" in the subject line, give your name, phone number and why you want to enter or a little background about your recipe/method.
- All entries should be turned in to the events tent by 11:30 on the day of the festival.
- Once entered into the contest, the pie will become property of the CoveGarden Ruritan club to be sold by the piece after the contest. Proceeds will go to their charitable efforts.
- Each entry should be accompanied by a card with name, phone number and recipe (including crust ingredients and what varieties of apples were used).
- All pies should be in a disposable pie tin.
- Winners will be announced at 12:30, prizes will be awarded in person or via email.
- 106 Street Food Truck
- Appalachian Yaks
- Back Pocket Provisions
- Blue Ridge Kettle Korn
- Caramel Apples
- Caromont Farm
- Carpe Donut
- Chadds Ford Canvas
- Cozy Cabin
- Elena Day's Pies and More
- Evergreen Lavender Farm
- Fairweather Farm
- Farming Artist
- Farmstead Ferments
- First Baptist Church Bake Sale
- French Fries by Mark
- Georganne Lundt's Chair Recaning
- Hope of Glory Farm
- Hungry Hill Farm
- Jam According to Daniel
- JQ Dickenson Salt
- Maggie's Pottery
- Master Gardeners
- MickyAnn Jewelry
- Paddln' Potter
- Pettigrew Woodworks
- Red Root & Co.
- Scratch Pasta
- Shelton Herb Farm
- Silver Grouper
- Taqueria mi Ranchito
- Thacker BBQ
- Virginia Vinegar Works
- White Oak Baskets by Clyde Jenkins
- You're In Luck Farmstead