Matthew O'Donnell is a singer, multi-instrumentalist and performer of traditional Celtic music based in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA, sharing songs and tunes for all people and all places.
An experienced practitioner of the classic pub singer’s trade, Matthew brings a modern energy to traditional drinking songs, sea shanties, Irish jigs & reels, timeless folk favorites and original songs. A typical live show sees Matthew switching between the accordion, bouzouki, guitar, banjo, fiddle, bodhran and tin whistle as he roars out singable choruses to the rhythm of kick drum and tambourine (played with his feet).
Reservations are encouraged if you'd like a table. Otherwise, bring some chairs or a blanket and stake out a spot.
- Because we are mostly outside, music is weather dependent. Please check our Facebook page for up to date information.
- Leashed pets allowed outside.
- Light snacks and hard cider are available for purchase.
- Outside food is allowed; feel free to bring a picnic.
- Our ABC license only allows for consumption of alcoholic beverages purchased at ACW.